Are you looking for a playful money camp curriculum that you can use for a camp program or to put inside an existing camp?
Or, are you looking for a financial education curriculum that’s different…one that’s fun, interactive and effective?
Great…Welcome to the wonderful world of Camp Millioniare!
Camp Millionaire is both a summer money camp program
and a school or camp financial education curriculum
If you’re an adult, chances are you’d be closer to your financial goals if you had learned how to manage your money and invest it wisely when you were young. If you’re nodding your head at this point, you’re not alone. Virtually every single adult we’ve talked to in our financial education journey says one of these two things…
“I wish someone had taught ME about money when I was young!” or
“Do you have programs for adults?”
The simple, but sad, fact is that most kids grow into adults who never learned how to use money wisely and most adults tell us they still haven’t a clue and are only learning by making a lot of mistakes.
We don’t think you want YOUR children to experience learning about money the hard way…so let us help!
Camp Millioniare makes sure your kids and students don’t have to grow up wishing they’d learned about money when they were young!
We want to change the paradigm around money in many different ways:
Students learn how to make, manage, multiply and donate their money wisely using the following 30 Creative Wealth Principles (Rules to the Money Game). The students/campers are exposed to all 30 Principles in every program, however, the length of the program determines how in-depth we go into each topic.
Financial freedom is your choice.
You are the CEO of your life; financial freedom is your responsibility.
Your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes determine your wealth potential.
Belief systems, stereotypes, judgments
Being broke is a temporary financial condition, being poor is a state of mind.
See it, say it, write it down.
Achieving Ones’ Goals
Life is an adventure; let passion be your guide.
Follow your heart
To be financially successful, learn the language of money.
Money is a tool to reach your dream.
Money buys you stuff, not happiness.
Make money grow by putting it to work for you.
Pay yourself first.
Most important money habit
To create financial freedom, invest the energy of money wisely.
People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.
Goals and dreams
It’s not how much money you make that’s important, it’s how much you keep.
If you can’t afford it in cash, you can’t afford it at all.
Avoiding bad debt
Save early, save often.
Financial success comes from managing risk, not avoiding it.
Interest is only interesting when you’re receiving it.
Interest – simple and compound
Don’t put all your financial eggs into one basket.
Invest with your head, not your heart.
Assets feed you, liabilities eat you.
Assets and liabilities
It is better to tell your money where to go than to ask where it went.
Budgets and financial habits
Only borrow money when it’s going to make you money.
Credit, debt, credit and debit cards
If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.
Creating Financial Freedom is simply a matter of developing the right habits.
Importance of good money habits
Make more money than you spend and spend less money than you make.
Your money habits always add up in the end.
Helping others is helping yourself.
Donating and doing good in the world
Leverage turns an ounce of effort into a ton of results.
Earning money creates an income; making money creates a life.
Earning money vs. making money
Our programs are organic in nature and each one is custom-designed for the required time period and audience.
Camp Millionaire gives kids the financial education foundation they need to meet and exceed their financial goals when they grow up.
Some questions for you…
Do you want your kids or students to be excited about learning how to manage and invest their money?
Do you want them to understand the value of a buck, specifically yours if you’re a parent?
Do you want them to learn what it takes to experience the best that life has to offer?
With Camp Millionaire, kids and students learn the critical financial habits, beliefs, information, principles and concepts they need to grow into financially responsible adults.
This is a short video of our campers learning how to create an SSP (Savings & Spending Plan, also known as a budget).
All of our programs feature our proprietary financial education game, The Money Game.
Using The Money Game lets it so your kids or students learn about money by DOING money. They work for a paycheck, get paid, pay their expenses, learn how to pay themselves first (save) and then learn how to buy assets that then pay them passive income.
Once the passive income comes into the picture, a huge lightbulb goes off in their brains. This is when they realize that investing in assets is how they become financially free AND how they get to go out in the world and do a whole lot of good!
Using the Camp Millionaire Curriculum and
The Money Game, kids and teens learn the following:
The Secrets of Savings
The Basics of Budgeting
The Dangers of Debt
The Ins & Outs of Investing
The Goodness of Giving
And SO much more!
Our programs are unique and highly effective for many reasons:
- We use accelerated teaching techniques that turn complicated financial concepts and ideas into understandable chunks of information by engaging their ears, eyes, AND bodies.
- Using a variety of games (including The Money Game), role-playing, activities, and other fun processes, your kids and students are never bored. They walk out of our program and camps with confidence and knowledge about the wonderful world of money that most adults wish they had.
- We hold each child as perfect in their own being and empower them with the belief that they are fully in charge of creating their own lives now and in the future – and that includes how much money they want to have when they grow up.
- We teach basic, time-tested personal money management skills and 30 wealth creation principles and we do it with a twist…we make it fun and memorable!
- We bring you, the parent or guardian, in on the process by inviting kids to ask you certain questions every night after camp. This helps open up the lines of communication with regard to money for the whole family. We also include the parents at the end of each day of our summer camp programs.
- We help our campers and students understand that they can do a whole lot of good in the world when they have more money coming in than going out. Just one more piece of inspiration to learn about money!
|I was remembering last summer and how much fun the boys had at camp. Thank you, again! The valuable knowledge they learned about money is something I see them using almost everyday. I am so relieved they won’t fall into the same traps I did. I also love how attending your camp has opened up our communication with them about money. I’m anxious to see how they will continue to use their money knowledge as they grow. I know they will both be very successful! With Gratitude!|
~ Teresa -mom from San Luis Obispo, CA
LEARN, LEARN, LEARN
This is a short video of our campers learning our 30 Creative Wealth Principles
in “The Money Cow Game”. We all laugh so hard our faces hurt.
So…what will my kids learn in Camp Millionaire?
At the very least, children will leave Camp Millionaire with a heightened awareness of the financial world around them. Most leave with much more.
- How to make their money (jobs and businesses).
- How to manage their money (budgets).
- How to multiply their money (investing in businesses, real estate and the stock market).
- How to think like and act like, a wealthy person (who donates and does a lot of good with their extra money).
- When to use other people’s money and when NOT to!
- How money can be used to give back and help their communities.
- And so much about life we can’t begin to tell you.
Camp Millionaire is based on simple money management and wealth creation principles such as:
- Life is an adventure; let passion be your guide.
- You are the CEO of your own life.
- Pay yourself first.
- Save early, save often, and invest wisely.
- Put your money to work for you.
- It’s not how much money you make that’s important, it’s how much you keep.
- Interest is only interesting when YOU are receiving it.
- Only borrow money when it’s going to make you money.
See the entire 30 colorful wealth principles here.
Notes about our summer money camp schedule:
- 5-day camps run from 9:00-3:30/4:00 pm each day.
- 2-day camps run from 9:00-5:00 each day.
- We take several breaks and a lunch break.
- We move around A LOT and the campers are NEVER bored.
- Camps feature fun activities, games, contests, rebates, speakers, and fun and educational projects.
FUN, FUN, FUN
Will my kids have a good time?
YES! And WE have a great time teaching it.
Camp Millionaire uses a multi-sensorial (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) teaching technique known as accelerated learning to keep your kids and students engaged throughout the entire camp:
- Making it relevant: Your kids may not care about checkbooks and credit cards yet because they don’t have to use them. We show them why it’s important to care now so they don’t “pay” later.
- Experience before content: Nearly every major concept is tied to a game, activity or process, which means your child gets to learn about the concept without even knowing it.
- Repetition and review: A wise man once said, “Repetition is the mother of skill.” Kids and students will be exposed to the most important information multiple times in a variety of different ways so the information really sticks.
LAUGH, LAUGH, LAUGH
Where Creative Wealth is headed…
Our very first Money Camp for Kids (now Camp Millionaire) was held in 2002 in a tiny room at the Boys and Girls Club in Santa Barbara with 39 kids. Since then, our programs have taught over 7,500 kids, teens, and adults how to choose financial freedom and develop the beliefs and habits to make it happen.
From our humble beginnings, our program and mission has spread across the United States and even gone international!
The Camp Millionaire program includes both the Camp Millionaire and The Money Game curriculums, all required materials, training videos and full support.
Click here to see the contents of the entire Online Camp Millionaire Training Program.
(Note: The Camp Millionaire Curriculum includes The Money Game.)
If you’re looking for a shorter program (3-10 hours), check out our propietary financial education game, The Money Game. The Money Game includes our highly effective, fun and engaging curriculum, training videos and tons of support information. Please visit The Money Game for more information.
And finally, if you want to learn how to use accelerated teaching techniques in your own financial literacy programs, check out Financial Literacy Online Accelerated Teaching Videos (5th one from the top).
We can’t wait to help you start making a difference!